De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, De Vere Tortworth Court certainly looks its best and it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We can offer a fantastic range of opportunities and development in our departments including the restaurant and bars teams, housekeeping, conference and events, wedding, kitchen, leisure, front of house and maintenance to name just a few.
Working at Tortworth Court means you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in some brilliant events like summer tepee festivals, wedding fairs, specialist fireworks displays, charity events and corporate launch parties. And because we know our team is special, we like to surprise and delight colleagues with birthday and long service celebrations, doughnut days, pizza days, and fun colleague activities such as games, tea parties and treat days.
Assistant Reception Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
As our Assistant Reception Manager, your main focus will be ensuring guest’s expectations are met and exceeded throughout their stay including a warm welcome and dealing efficiently with any requests. This will be achieved by implementing, maintaining and exceeding quality standards, as well as monitoring service delivery through the implementation of mystery guest experiences.
Through effective communication with the reservations team, you will also focus on maximising room yield and controlling overbooking strategy, while liaising with housekeeping and maintenance to monitor room availability for sale.
With a focus on employee development within the Front of House divisions, you will be responsible for the consistent and effective delivery of training to the team to ensure the whole department promotes the facility and a warm and personalised manner to encourage visitors to return.
The Ideal Candidate
A strong knowledge of the hospitality sector with previous experience of a similar nature is essential to being successful in this role as you will need a real commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service. Communication skills are also crucial to allow you to build effective working relationships with all departments, and to build a strong rapport with guests.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.