Cheadle House, Cheadle
Super close to the vibrancy of Manchester, just off the A34 in Cheshire and only 4 miles from Manchester Airport, Cheadle House is well connected with numerous bus links to surrounding towns and central Manchester itself.
Cheadle House is a popular and busy hotel venue hosting all sorts of events including "Cheadle House Festival", many weddings each year, and conference and banqueting events. This means we offer great career opportunities at across all our hotel departments including kitchen, restaurant, bar, housekeeping, reception, front of house, maintenance and more.
We're proud of our collaborative and supportive team culture here at Cheadle House. So whether we're hosting colleague and family fun days, colleague BBQs, Pizza Days and even Hot Chocolate themed departmental meetings, we make our colleagues feel engaged and supported.
Conference and Events Co-ordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
Reporting to the Conference Planning Manager, you will assist the conference and events sales department to co-ordinate and maximise conference and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue. You will build strong relationships with your clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible. All bookings will be made via our in-house system, creating written confirmations & function sheets.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels are essential.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised with an eye for detail and you’ll thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Given this role will involve using our booking system, it would be high beneficial if you have used Opera before however this is not essential.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.