De Vere Wokefield Estate
A new chapter in De Vere Wokefield Estate’s history is complete! Situated in 250 acres of beautiful parkland near Reading, this huge property has undergone an extensive £10 million refurbishment to dramatically restore the hotel to its former glory. The 376 bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled and as well as the re-launch of our modern executive centre, complete with a new Burr & Co. coffeehouse and deli. Our historical Mansion House featuring 87 guest rooms, now sits at the heart of the estate, having undergone a stunning transformation including the exciting launch our new Restaurant '1560'.
Love food. Love your job.
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.
Chef, for starters we offer all Commis Chefs a £500 Welcome Bonus*
Our Commis Chef colleagues really are vital members of our kitchen brigades; that’s why we will offer you a phenomenal £500 Welcome Bonus* for joining De Vere. Would you need to relocate for this opportunity? Fear not, we offer chefs who do need to relocate more than 50 miles a fantastic Relocation Package of £1500** plus a free two night stay for yourself or family to visit.
A Chef career with De Vere, whether you are a Commis Chef, Chef De Partie or a senior Chef, means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes.
We know you love food: we want you to love your career just as much. We’ve already had outstanding success with our bespoke in-house Chef Academy, offering Level 2 & 3 qualifications that run for Commis Chefs, Chef De Parties, Sous Chefs, up to Head Chef level.
As a Commis Chef you will:
• Prepare ingredients while supporting the kitchen brigade
• Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
• Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail but with bags of flair and creativity.
*Subject to Tax and NI
**Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.