De Vere Holborn Bars
Our recently refurbished Holborn Bars is a leading central London event venue for corporate conferences, meetings, training and team building events. No two days are the same and this really is a vibrant place to work: you could be hosting a large corporate conference, working with well-known blue chip clients, or managing high profile events or meeting.
That’s why we can offer a range of exciting career opportunities at Holborn Bars, including conference & events, restaurants & bars, kitchen, and front of house to name just a few. We really nurture our colleagues, offering fantastic career development and training that supports your hospitality career and aspirations.
Kitchen Porter - Part Time
What is the main purpose of a Kitchen Porter role?
Our Kitchen Porters are key members of our back of house teams at De Vere. You will carry out general cleaning duties and oversee the operation of pot-washing machinery to help deliver an excellent guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and Health & Safety guidelines are observed (including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)).
Main duties of a Kitchen Porter:
• Keep the kitchen clean & tidy
• General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen
• Cleaning of food areas
• Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas
• Basic food preparation
• Help unload food and equipment deliveries
• Support the chefs with daily duties
• Promote good working practices within the kitchen to public health guidelines
The ideal Kitchen Porter will have:
• A positive attitude
• Good interpersonal skills
• The ability to work under pressure
• The ability to work on their own or within a team
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
You may also see this as an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a thriving kitchen and for a potential first step in to an entry level chef career role.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.