De Vere Wokefield Estate
Wokefield Estate has recently undergone an extensive and careful refurbishment to become one of the flagship hotels at De Vere. It’s just one of the reasons why we’re excited about the careers we can offer here. So whether you’re interested in joining our teams in golf, conferences and events, banqueting, housekeeping, kitchen, our fabulous 1560 restaurant or even at the onsite BMW Training Academy, you’ll have the opportunity to work and develop in a hotel estate that’s truly inspiring.
There’s great career development on offer for all our colleagues and we offer great perks at Wokefield Estate such as shuttle buses between Reading, free parking for drivers, discounted gym and golf membership (including free access to the golf driving range!) and free meals whilst on duty in our staff canteen. So as well as offering great career opportunities, we always strive to make Wokefield Estate a truly engaging and rewarding place to work.
Conference & Banqueting Porter - 3pm - Finish
What is the main purpose of the role?
As a Conference & Banqueting Porter, you will manage the evening operations of the Conference & Banqueting department, through the consistent delivery of high standards of both product and service, whilst ensuring the measurable financial targets of the hotel are achieved.
All Conference and Banqueting suites should be set up, serviced and broken down in accordance with hotel function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous experience within a customer facing role, often working to tight deadlines with the ability to keep the customer at the forefront of your mind.
You will have a demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach to work. You’ll enjoying working as a team and delivering a great service to our customers every time.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.