De Vere Devonport House
Right in the heart of Greenwich, famed for its maritime history and naval links, sits Devonport House, well known and popular for hosting fantastic weddings and conferences. It's a great venue to work if you want to develop your career in hospitality as we regularly have opportunities within our hotel teams including reception, restaurant, housekeeping, kitchen, weddings, and meeting and events.
We have a tight knit team at Devonport House, and we really take the care to promote our training and development opportunities across all our teams, offering our colleagues great scope for building an exciting career in hospitality.
Conference & Banqueting Porter
What is the main purpose of the role?
As a Conference & Banqueting Porter, you will manage the day to day operations of the Conference & Banqueting department, through the consistent delivery of high standards of both product and service, whilst ensuring the measurable financial targets of the hotel are achieved.
All Conference and Banqueting suites should be set up, serviced and broken down in accordance with hotel function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous experience within a customer facing role, often working to tight deadlines with the ability to keep the customer at the forefront of your mind.
You will have a demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach to work. You’ll enjoying working as a team and delivering a great service to our customers every time.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.