De Vere Selsdon Estate
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We offer a fantastic rage of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in some super events including X Factor Boot Camps, Winter Wonderland Parties, Fright Nights and event history tours, as well as wide ranging weddings, corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague events and treats such as family fun days, kindness days, donut days and even welcome gifts when you start with us. We are lucky to have superb public transport links and can be easily reached from all surrounding areas.
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Main purpose of the role:
Our restaurants and bars are engaging and fun places to work, being a central part to our guest's overall hotel experience. Working closely with the F&B Manager, you'll be involved in all aspects of the day to day operation of the department, focusing on delivering fantastic service to our guests time and time again. You'll also be responsible for checking duty management, reviewing and monitoring cash floats and ensuring equipment is well maintained.
As Food and Beverage Supervisor you'll oversee the smooth running of the food and beverage service and team, always ensuring our guests have a great experience. You'll be focused on the presentation of your bar and restaurant spaces, ensuring they're clean and tidy, as you'll just have a natural sense of pride in your work. The journey of our guests is incredibly important, so you'll be natrurally customer-led, whilst working to maximise performance of the department through up-selling and service standards.
The ideal candidate:
With a natural flair for fantastic customer service and strong supervisory skills, you'll also have a keen eye for detail and be familiar with booking systems such as Open Table. Communication is key in this role, so fluent English is essential, but we warmly welcome candidates who can speak additional languages too. You'll have:
- An engaging and outgoing style
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A naturally intuitive approach with guests
- Experience in delivering great customer service
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.