De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
Take responsibility for the effective management and control of operations in all conference and banqueting rooms and other supporting areas, to the specified standards of the hotel and department, adhering to company and statutory regulations.
Lead and manage the M & E Operations Department so that it performs efficiently and effectively. Review, evaluate, plan and take action so that the department achieves its targets. Be present to meet and greet customers checking requirements and passing on relevant information (e.g. fire evacuation procedure, message system, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential as Conference and Banqueting Manager that you have worked at supervisor or assistant level prior to this position. Have experience of managing and developint a team, along with setting KPI'S to evaluate your teams perfomance. You must hold a Liquor Licence. The Conference & Banqueting Manager must be passionate about their role, show flair and constantly look for fresh ideas, encouraging creative thinking in the team.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.