De Vere Selsdon Estate
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We offer a fantastic rage of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in some super events including X Factor Boot Camps, Winter Wonderland Parties, Fright Nights and event history tours, as well as wide ranging weddings, corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague events and treats such as family fun days, kindness days, donut days and even welcome gifts when you start with us. We are lucky to have superb public transport links and can be easily reached from all surrounding areas.
Hotel Assistant Reception Manager-Maternity Cover
What is the main purpose of the role?
As our Assistant Reception Manager (maternity cover), your main focus will be ensuring guest’s expectations are met and exceeded throughout their stay including a warm welcome and dealing efficiently with any requests. This will be achieved by implementing, maintaining and exceeding quality standards, as well as monitoring service delivery through the implementation of mystery guest experiences.
Through effective communication with the reservations team, you will also focus on maximising room yield and controlling overbooking strategy, while liaising with housekeeping and maintenance to monitor room availability for sale.
With a focus on employee development within the Front of House divisions, you will be responsible for the consistent and effective delivery of training to the team to ensure the whole department promotes the facility and a warm and personalised manner to encourage visitors to return.
The Ideal Candidate
A strong knowledge of the hospitality sector with previous experience of a similar nature is essential to being successful in this role as you will need a real commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service. Communication skills are also crucial to allow you to build effective working relationships with all departments, and to build a strong rapport with guests. Knowledge of Opera is essential.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.