De Vere Latimer Estate
Latimer Estate is full of history, and has a reputation for being a “secret home” of Britain when it was a top secret centre for military intelligence in World War II. But it’s no secret now that working at Latimer Estate means career opportunities, training and development as we offer a fantastic range of roles in our newly refurbished hotel. Working with a diverse range of clients and guests means we regularly have opportunities in departments such as conference, events & banqueting, bars & restaurants, reception, weddings, housekeeping, and grounds and maintenance to name a few.
Our team at Latimer Estate has a strong of mission and purpose, and we know how to say thank you to our colleagues for working hard: ice creams in hot weather, afternoon tea treats for teams and Easter family parties are just some of the ways we show our appreciation. We also offer subsidised transport to the surrounding area, including Chalfont and Latimer station, making us accessible from Hemel Hempstead, Watford and High Wycombe.
What is the main purpose of the role?
With 205 bedrooms set across 3 unique buildings your responsibilities include assisting the Executive Housekeeper in the management, preparation, set up and service of the Hotel (including Health & Safety and COSHH procedures) through maintaining and improving the standards and quality of service.
You will ensure bedrooms and public areas as cleaned to the highest standard as well as assisting with linen and guest supplies stock control.
You will support the Executive Housekeeper in delegating tasks, motivating the team, identifying training needs and assisting in their on going personal development.
You will be expected to handle all guest needs, enquiries, Lost Property enquiries, requests and complaints where appropriate in a prompt and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for someone that has previous experience as a supervisor in a guest facing role within hotels. Ideally this would have been in a front facing luxury environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have an eye for detail and be meticulous in your work, leading by example.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.