De Vere Horsley Estate
Just outside Guildford, Horsley Estate is a truly beautiful and quirky hotel steeped in heritage and history. So it should be no surprise it’s been used as a filming location for famous TV dramas such as The Crown!
Our team at Horsley Estate gets involved in brilliant colleague events and activities including the annual family summer BBQ party, colleague wellbeing yoga classes, badminton club and there is also the offer of free gym membership. And it’s because we value our colleagues at Horsley Estate that we focus on training and development: so whether you choose bars & restaurants, front of house, kitchen or housekeeping, there’s an exciting and rewarding career in hospitality waiting for you here.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Your responsibilities include assisting the Head Housekeeper in the management, preparation, set up and service of the hotel (including Health & Safety and COSHH procedures) through maintaining and improving the standards and quality of service.
You will support the Head Housekeeper in delegating tasks, motivating the team, checking standards, identifying training needs and assisting in their on going personal development.
You will also clean and service bedrooms and public areas as required and assist with counting and logging laundry and raising collection sheets for the Laundry company.
You will be expected to handle all guest needs, enquiries, Lost Property enquiries, requests and complaints where appropriate in a prompt and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for someone that has previous experience as a supervisor in a guest facing role within hotels. Ideally this would have been in a front facing luxury environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have an eye for detail and be meticulous in your work, leading by example.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.