De Vere Colmore Gate
In the heart of Birmingham City Centre, boasting an unrivalled position for business goers lies De Vere Colmore Gate; a dedicated conference and meeting centre – the perfect location for your next career move. With 18 meeting rooms over two floors and a grab and go Pantry Restaurant it's a hive of activity. We're heavily focussed on meeting and events at Colmore Gate, and if you like working with a small, flexible team, and enjoy looking after conference and training delegates, then this is the place for you.
Senior Conference and Events Co-ordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
- Handling and conversion of enquiries to maximise revenue through upselling.
- To ensure that the clients’ needs are met and exceeded and are communicated effectively to the relevant departments resulting in a successful event.
- To ensure all clients and potential clients receive a polite, professional and effective service and that hotel and company standards are maintained at all times.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by applying and attention to detail attitude at all times.
- Where applicable, carry out post event calls within 3 days of each event taking place.
- Day to day management of enquiries via key booking agents as identified by your line manager / Pro-active Sales Team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels are essential.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised with an eye for detail and you’ll thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Given this role will involve using our booking system, it would be high beneficial if you have used Opera before however this is not essential.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role
- Working along side our London Sales office in order to Proactively promote the venue to new/ interested clients
- Oversee meeting booking, cancellation, and postponement orders from clients.
- Plan and coordinate all activities to successfully execute meetings and conferences.
- Obtain meeting request orders, book meeting rooms and send confirmations to clients.
- Determine participant counts and accordingly book right sized meeting room.
- Process all other additional requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio visual device requirements.
- Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients.
- Obtain client feedback and make appropriate changes for improvements.
- Submit invoices for caterings, equipment and other amenities to clients.
- Collaborate with other departments and operational staff to ensure a high quality of event delivery
- Conduct professional Showrounds to clients when requested, alongside or in place of the Sales Manager
- Respond to client calls and e-mails related to meeting set-up.
- Ensure all AV equipment for upcoming meetings and events is ordered well ahead of time
- Keep the database of clients up-to-date and available to the Sales Manager upon request for the purposes of building client relationships
- A competitive salary
- 28 /31 /33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Venue based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.