De Vere Cotswold Water Park
As one of the largest hotels in the Cotswold area, De Vere Cotswold Water Park hosts many fun and exciting weddings, events and meetings such as Alice in Wonderland themed dinners, theatrical conferences and Narnia themed events. We also boast four lakeside locations for our guests to eat and drink, a destination spa, 20+ meeting rooms and more than 300 bedrooms.
Our colleagues work closely together to ensure our guests receive fantastic service, every time, so we regularly say thank you by hosting colleague events such as "Fizz Fridays", pizza lunches, Easter Hunts, and regular free refreshments from the ice cream van during the summer. We can offer a range of exciting career opportunities across our wide and varied departments, including conference & events, restaurants, bars, kitchen, housekeeping, spa and leisure, front of house and maintenance, to just to name a few.
What is the main purpose of the role?
- Ensures that the first and last impression our guests encounter in the restaurant sets a standard of warmth, welcoming, communication, energy and spirit.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assure product quality and consistency is maintained to company benchmarks.
- Promote creativity and innovation with the staff, enabling them to have a sense of pride in their role.
- Assure product quality and consistency is maintained through use of employee feedback, Critique Sheets, Mystery Diner Reports and Guest Feedback.
- Institute and monitor service and/or product upgrades.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the operation; know the local area and local suppliers.
- Be knowledgeable about the company you work for, i.e. locations, cuisine, etc. and about the property's surroundings, i.e. nearby entertainment, theatres, etc.
- Attain budgeted revenue, net operating income and maintain control of all cost centres.
- Oversee all hiring and training procedures within company parameters.
- Promote inter-company business relations and share best practices.
- Perform coaching, training and development with direct reports.
- Guarantee that the budgeting process is performed accurately and efficiently.
- Promote guest satisfaction throughout the operation, genuinely engaging with every guest every time.
- Ensure adherence to the brand at all times.
- Create marketing programs and work closely with Public Relations company representatives.
- Implement revenue generating ideas consistently.
- Perform training and evaluations with designated core responsible employees.
- Implement repeat guest recognition programs to build loyalty to the operation.
- Meet with managers (one on ones) and employees (focus groups, staff meetings) to evaluate their goals, objectives and potential.
- Maintain training and development plans to meet the goals of the managers as well as the company.
- Unify the talent and energy of each member of the team based on shared responsibility and leadership.
- Distinguish us as the industry leaders that continually improve to maintain our cutting edge.
- To attend all required company meetings and training.
The Ideal Candidate
- You must have relative experience in a similar capacity and establishments within the last 2 years.
- The ability to read, write and speak fluently in English is essential alongside excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and supportive in problem solving, able to apply common sense, collect data and notify and advise senior management when necessary.
- You must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
- It is essential that you have the ability to provide friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests, at all times.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.