De Vere Horsley Estate
Just outside Guildford, Horsley Estate is a truly beautiful and quirky hotel steeped in heritage and history. So it should be no surprise it’s been used as a filming location for famous TV dramas such as The Crown!
Our team at Horsley Estate gets involved in brilliant colleague events and activities including the annual family summer BBQ party, colleague wellbeing yoga classes, badminton club and there is also the offer of free gym membership. And it’s because we value our colleagues at Horsley Estate that we focus on training and development: so whether you choose bars & restaurants, front of house, kitchen or housekeeping, there’s an exciting and rewarding career in hospitality waiting for you here.
What is the main purpose of the role?
The main focus of this role will be to provide a courteous, efficient and friendly service to all hotel customers by supplying the highest possible levels of customer care, whilst supporting the Front of House Manager and Front of House Team.
You’ll be fully conversant with the hotel’s facilities and local amenities to be able to respond to guest enquiries and work to anticipate guest needs wherever possible to consistently deliver exceptional quality of service and in turn, guest satisfaction.
As Reception Supervisor , you’ll ensure all shifts are supervised efficiently and all Reception duties are carried out to the agreed Company and Hotel Standards of Performance. You’ll also get the opportunity to support the Front of House Manager in the recruitment, induction, training and development of the Reception team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Reception Supervisor will have previous experience within the hospitality industry, in a similar sized hotel and with leading a small team. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to multi task. You will also be Microsoft Office literate, and previous Opera experience would be a definite advantage.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.