De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and now have a fabulous Restaurant & Bar "1042".
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll maintain an optimum and exceptional level of customer care and service to both internal and external customers, whilst staying fully conversant with the hotel, the company product and facilities.
You’ll deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner, the objective being to resolve the complaint prior to departure. You’ll also carry out regular check / patrols around all areas of the building, taking appropriate action to ensure standards of cleanliness, safety and general appearance are maintained.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Night Porter will be passionate about delivering high levels of customer service, ensuring all health and safety and hotel standards are adhered to and have the drive, determination and commitment to make things happen.
Candidates must have previous experience of working within a hotel or cruise ship environment with experience gained in Nights, Food & Beverage or Meeting & Events Operations.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.