De Vere Selsdon Estate
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We offer a fantastic rage of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in some super events including X Factor Boot Camps, Winter Wonderland Parties, Fright Nights and event history tours, as well as wide ranging weddings, corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague events and treats such as family fun days, kindness days, donut days and even welcome gifts when you start with us. We are lucky to have superb public transport links and can be easily reached from all surrounding areas.
Kitchen Porter (Full Time Hours)
What is the main purpose of a Kitchen Porter role?
Our Kitchen Porters are key members of our back of house teams at De Vere. You will carry out general cleaning duties and oversee the operation of pot-washing machinery to help deliver an excellent guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and Health & Safety guidelines are observed (including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)).
Main duties of a Kitchen Porter:
• Keep the kitchen clean & tidy
• General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen
• Cleaning of food areas
• Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas
• Basic food preparation
• Help unload food and equipment deliveries
• Support the chefs with daily duties
• Promote good working practices within the kitchen to public health guidelines
The ideal Kitchen Porter will have:
• A positive attitude
• Good interpersonal skills
• The ability to work under pressure
• The ability to work on their own or within a team
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
You may also see this as an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a thriving kitchen and for a potential first step in to an entry level chef career role.
- A competitive salary
- Holiday accrual based on full time hours equal to 28 days holiday each year
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.