De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
As a key member of the Sales Team, you will work to deliver the budgeted Corporate transient and Local Company sales revenue for the property. You'll conduct face to face sales appointments and telesales to ensure all key business opportunities are identified and exploited and also support with key accounts. Through your in-depth knowledge of the facilities, you will ensure the potential of the property is maximised and the monthly budget achieved.
With an emphasis on local account growth in meetings, conference and events, as well as banqueting and corporate transient business, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen on being in a highly visible role, with the hunger to continually improve standards and really make their mark as part of this exciting journey. Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• converting as many sales opportunities as possible
• Following up initial contacts and developing the sales cycle
• calling prospective clients in a professional and knowledgeable manner, offering the company’s products and services
• quote for every meeting enquiry
• negotiate/convert the enquiry
• handover the booking to our onsite Event Planners
• meeting clients face to face
The ideal candidate would not necessarily have sales experience but would have a desire to learn and a passion for hospitality!
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
Please take a look.