De Vere Beaumont Estate
Beaumont Estate is De Vere's largest hotel and venue, and here at this big property we have big opportunities. We regularly host incredible events up for up to 1000 attendees, such as festivals with camping, food festivals and obstacle course team building activities. We also regularly welcome high profile clients and delegates, hosting private dining and networking events and tending to their every need.
That's why we can offer a range of incredible opportunities across our wide and varied departments including conference & events, restaurants, bars, kitchen, housekeeping, front of house and maintenance and gardens, just to name a few. And, with our superb, dedicated training facilities on site, we can really nurture our colleagues and offer fantastic career development opportunities that will support your hospitality career and aspirations.
Senior Events Manager - Maternity Cover
What is the main purpose of the role?
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Events Manager to join our Meeting & Events Sales Office on a fixed-term basis.
You will proactively manage the Meetings & Events Planning Team to ensure the growth of the Events business, by effectively coordinating and looking for opportunities to upsell.
You will be responsible for ensuring the coordination of the details of all confirmed events, taking personal responsibility for some of our largest events.
You will ensure that the department maintains effective communication with the Operations team to ensure successful events that meet clients’ expectations.
Please note that this role is on a fixed-term Maternity Cover basis, starting in Late December 2019 for 1 year.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate with previous sales and events experience, preferably in large hotel or venue. You will be able to demonstrate management skills in order to drive the team to set objectives.
You have an ability to analyse and manage multiple tasks and priorities, always promoting a constructive and positive attitude.
Ideally, you will have previous experience using Opera Sales & Catering.
- 28 days holiday each year (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Additional hotel-based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours online benefits portal which provides discounts/cashback on travel, leisure activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted colleague and family rates for accommodation within all De Vere hotels
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the venue and across De Vere
- Access to our Inspire Online learning portal, with e-learning modules including Microsoft Office, Hospitality service and professional development
- Free meals on duty in our refurbished Colleague Canteen
- Complimentary use of the Leisure Club Gym and Swimming Pool
- Free on-site car parking
- Paid opportunities to join colleague committees regarding social events and guest service
- Annual social events including our Colleague Christmas Party and Summer BBQs
- An full two-day De Vere Company Induction
Please take a look.