De Vere Selsdon Estate
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We offer a fantastic rage of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in some super events including X Factor Boot Camps, Winter Wonderland Parties, Fright Nights and event history tours, as well as wide ranging weddings, corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague events and treats such as family fun days, kindness days, donut days and even welcome gifts when you start with us. We are lucky to have superb public transport links and can be easily reached from all surrounding areas.
Linen Porter (Full Time Hours)
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this role, you will develop established and recognised linen control systems with respect to all departments within the hotel, including laundry of guest clothing and staff uniform, receipt, counting and stock rotation, sorting and distribution.
You’ll ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively and will report any accidents to guests and staff and potential hazards. The Linen Porter will also ensure tidiness and cleanliness of all linen cupboards, store rooms and back of house areas as required.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a passion for customer service, a great self-motivator with a positive attitude and a keen eye for detail.
- A competitive salary
- equivalent of 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.