De Vere Wokefield Estate
Situated in 250 acres near Reading, De Vere Wokefield Estate features 376 bedrooms and a modern executive centre as well as an 18-hole PGA-standard golf course, floodlit golf academy and outdoor activity course. A historical Mansion House with 87 guest rooms and ‘1560’ restaurant, sits at the heart of the estate.
De Vere Beaumont Estate is set in 40 acres of beautiful parkland grounds near Old Windsor. This huge venue boasts an 18th-century mansion, stunning chapel, over 400 bedrooms and 75 event spaces.
Both properties have recently undergone stunning multi-million pound refurbishments to transform and restore these historic hotels to their former glory.
Cluster Health & Safety Manager - Reading/Windsor
Reporting to the property General Managers with guidance from the Group Compliance Manager, this hands on role will work across both properties to support each operation in meeting their statutory objectives in relation to safety and risk management.
The role will ensure statutory and best practice policies and procedures are implemented across both properties, supporting colleague training and champion risk management across each business promoting a positive and proactive culture for colleagues and guests alike.
You will also undertake departmental and full property audits, routine inspections and investigations covering Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Food Safety and Leisure safety.
As these huge venues regularly host high profile and often complex events utilising both our extensive indoor meeting spaces and our estate grounds, you will need to work closely with our clients to meet our compliance objectives whilst still exceeding their expectations in delivering fabulous events.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with:
• Previous experience within a similar role ideally covering larger event focussed properties/sites given the size and scale of these estates
• Sound knowledge of all relevant legislation including: licensing, health & safety at work, COSHH, environmental health, fire precautions, manual handling, food safety and any other relevant policies
• Experience of supporting sites with risk management audit activity
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Professional accredited/ membership relevant professional institute (IOSH or equivalent) would be ideal but not essential as we can sponsor this training
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.