De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
Casual Conference & Banqueting Waiter/ess
As one of London’s most impressive event venues with no two days ever the same, we are looking for versatile and professional individuals to join our fantastic Conference, Events and Banqueting teams!
What is the main purpose of the role?
Working as a C&B Assistant within our iconic events venue, you will be part of a dedicated team delivering a high quality service to our customers, maximising on all sales opportunities. Through your professional attitude and strong knowledge of our products, you will ensure that you give full co-operation to any customer requiring attention and upsell at every opportunity. Some of the tasks include but are not limited to:
- To have a full knowledge of the Conference & Banqueting service and setups.
- Responsible for the Mis en place, setting up and clear down of rooms.
- To ensure all tea, coffee stations and tables are correctly set as per the venue standards and as per the briefing from the Floor Manager in charge of the event.
- To ensure that all buffet and tea / coffee stations look neat, clean and tidy at all times even when not in use.
- To serve customers in the approved manner and provide attentive service throughout tea breaks, meal breaks and Event dinners.
- To clear tables as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team. You should be a confident communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a similar type of environment where delivering great customer service was key.
- A competitive salary
- Holidays calculated pro rata
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
Please take a look. http://www.peoplebank.com/pb3/corporate/PrincipalHayley/page.php?p_page=privacy-policies