De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
Casual Kitchen Steward
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will carry out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen, Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas and basic food preparation.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Kitchen Steward will have the ability to work under pressure, excellent attention to detail, a high standard of personal presentation and have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- A competitive salary
- Holidays calculated pro rata
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
Please take a look.