De Vere Latimer Estate
Latimer Estate is full of history, and has a reputation for being a “secret home” of Britain when it was a top secret centre for military intelligence in World War II. But it’s no secret now that working at Latimer Estate means career opportunities, training and development as we offer a fantastic range of roles in our newly refurbished hotel. Working with a diverse range of clients and guests means we regularly have opportunities in departments such as conference, events & banqueting, bars & restaurants, reception, weddings, housekeeping, and grounds and maintenance to name a few.
Our team at Latimer Estate has a strong of mission and purpose, and we know how to say thank you to our colleagues for working hard: ice creams in hot weather, afternoon tea treats for teams and Easter family parties are just some of the ways we show our appreciation. We also offer subsidised transport to the surrounding area, including Chalfont and Latimer station, making us accessible from Hemel Hempstead, Watford and High Wycombe.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Please be aware that this position includes weekend work.
As part of the Housekeeping department, your role will be to ensure that all the bedrooms and bathrooms are cleaned to the highest standard on a daily basis and that public areas of the hotel are maintained throughout the day. These tasks should be carried out with minimum inconvenience to hotel guests.
You’ll deal with any reasonable requests from guests in a professional and polite manner, ensure lost property is handed to your Line Manager and report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a flexible approach to work, a ‘can do’ attitude and great attention to detail. It is essential that you have worked in a similar role, in a similar sized hotel.
You’ll be passionate and take pride in your work. You’ll also need to be punctual, well presented and helpful to guests at all times.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.