De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment project, this is a truly exciting time to join De Vere Tortworth Court! Set within a 30-acre estate featuring one of the UK’s most impressive arboretums, this stunning venue boasts a Grade II-listed Victorian mansion house, 201 bedrooms and 12 impressive event spaces as well as a newly created spa, all conveniently located just 20 minutes from Bristol, with easy access to J14 of the M5. We’ve recently launched the 1853 Restaurant & Bar serving classic British dishes, our Atrium Bistro bar, decked with indoor trees under a 60-foot high glass roof as well as our elegant yet cosy Library bar.
Working at Tortworth Court means you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in some brilliant events like summer tepee festivals, wedding fairs, specialist fireworks displays, charity events and corporate launch parties. And because we know our team is special, we like to surprise and delight colleagues with birthday and long service celebrations, doughnut days, pizza days, and fun colleague activities such as games, tea parties and treat days.
Meeting & Events Operations Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
Take responsibility for the effective management and control of operations in all meeting & events spaces / rooms and other supporting areas, to the specified standards of the hotel and department, adhering to company and statutory regulations.
Lead and manage the M&E Operations Department so that it performs efficiently and effectively. Review, evaluate, plan and take action so that the department achieves its targets.
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential that as a Meeting & Events Operations Manager you have worked at supervisor or assistant level prior to this position, have experience of managing and developing a team, along with setting KPI's to evaluate your teams performance.
You must be passionate about hospiality, your role, show flair and constantly look for fresh ideas, encouraging creative thinking and inspiring your team.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Live-in available
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.