De Vere Orchard Hotel
Right at the heart of the University of Nottingham’s campus sits Orchard Hotel, an award-winning eco-friendly hotel. Our prime location on campus offers great public transport links to and from the hotel, but we also offer a subsidised taxi service to colleagues who work unsociable shifts.
It's a vibrant, fun team at De Vere Orchard Hotel and a great place to work if you want a fantastic career in hospitality. That could be in bars and restaurants, conferences, events or banqueting, reception or housekeeping: we have a great variety of opportunities across our departments and we regularly recruit for permanent full time, part time and casual roles for our team.
Chef de Partie
Love food. Love your job.
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.
A Chef career with De Vere, whether you are a Commis Chef, Chef De Partie or a senior Chef, means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes.
We know you love food: we want you to love your career just as much. We’ve already had outstanding success with our bespoke in-house Chef Academy, offering Level 2 & 3 qualifications that run for Commis Chefs, Chef De Parties, Sous Chefs, up to Head Chef level.
As a Chef de Partie you will:
• Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality.
• Support and mentor / train any Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs in the brigade
• Assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
• Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
• Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail but with bags of flair and creativity.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday each year, plus bank holidays
- Hotel based recognition schemes
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.