De Vere Orchard Hotel
Right at the heart of the University of Nottingham’s campus sits Orchard Hotel, an award-winning eco-friendly hotel. Our prime location on campus offers great public transport links to and from the hotel, but we also offer a subsidised taxi service to colleagues who work unsociable shifts.
It's a vibrant, fun team at De Vere Orchard Hotel and a great place to work if you want a fantastic career in hospitality. That could be in bars and restaurants, conferences, events or banqueting, reception or housekeeping: we have a great variety of opportunities across our departments and we regularly recruit for permanent full time, part time and casual roles for our team.
Executive Head Chef
What is the main purpose of the role?
As Executive Head Chef you will be involved in developing seasonal menus, daily preparation and fantastic presentation of food for all our guests. You will be a responsible, dedicated and strong leader with the ability to manage a brigade of talented chefs across restaurants and functions. You will be able to train and develop your team supportively and professionally. Ensuring the overall business achieves its ultimate potential in that of sales and profitability through creating an environment for customers which is stylish, contemporary, offering high quality modern food.
The Ideal Candidate
As Executive Head Chef, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Previous experience as Executive Head Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel
• Fast paced environment strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of managing and developing the food offer in different businesses, delivering KPI’s
• Full understanding of stock management and recipe creation in a safe kitchen environment
• Must possess the proven ability to lead a team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
• Hold a minimum of Level 3 Food Safety & Hygiene
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday each year, plus bank holidays
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.