De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Grand Connaught Rooms is our largest and prestigious flagship London property, where we regularly host unforgettably incredible events such as movie premier after parties and high profile fashion, music and charity events. That's no surprise really, being based right in the heart of London and just a stone's throw from Covent Garden.
With a great reputation for having some of London's best conference, exhibition and meeting space, Grand Connaught Rooms is a great place to work if you're passionate about a career in hospitality. That could be in weddings or conferences, events or banqueting: we have a great variety of opportunities across our departments and we regularly recruit for permanent full time, part time and casual roles for our vibrant team.
Conference and Events Sales Administrator
What is the main purpose of the role?
Reporting to the Assistant Conference Office Director, you will assist the conference and events sales department to co-ordinate, administrate and maximise conference and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue. You will build strong relationships with your clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible. All bookings will be made via our in-house system, creating written confirmations & function sheets.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels are essential.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised with an eye for detail and you’ll thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Given this role will involve using our booking system, it would be high beneficial if you have used Opera before however this is not essential.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
Please take a look.