De Vere Wokefield Estate
Wokefield Estate has recently undergone an extensive and careful refurbishment to become one of the flagship hotels at De Vere. It’s just one of the reasons why we’re excited about the careers we can offer here. So whether you’re interested in joining our teams in golf, conferences and events, banqueting, housekeeping, kitchen, our fabulous 1560 restaurant or even at the onsite BMW Training Academy, you’ll have the opportunity to work and develop in a hotel estate that’s truly inspiring.
There’s great career development on offer for all our colleagues and we offer great perks at Wokefield Estate such as shuttle buses between Reading, free parking for drivers, discounted gym and golf membership (including free access to the golf driving range!) and free meals whilst on duty in our staff canteen. So as well as offering great career opportunities, we always strive to make Wokefield Estate a truly engaging and rewarding place to work.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll maintain an optimum and exceptional level of customer care and service to both internal and external customers, whilst staying fully conversant with the hotel, the company product and facilities.
You’ll deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner, the objective being to resolve the complaint prior to departure. You’ll also carry out regular check / patrols around all areas of the building, taking appropriate action to ensure standards of cleanliness, safety and general appearance are maintained.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Night Porter will be passionate about delivering high levels of customer service, ensuring all health and safety and hotel standards are adhered to and have the drive, determination and commitment to make things happen.
Candidates must have previous experience of working within a hotel or cruise ship environment with experience gained in Nights, Food & Beverage or Meeting & Events Operations.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.