De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
Logistic Porter - Conference & Banqueting - Full Time and Casual Roles
As one of London’s most impressive event venues hosting glitzy VIP events to fashion shows and private champagne receptions the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is one of the most glamourous places to work in Covent Garden. With the iconic Grand Hall, a sophisticated Champagne Bar and the indulgent Tempus Restaurant there has never been a better time to join this venue with so much to offer!
Are you organised and enjoy seeing a job well done? With an amazing range of events held at The Grand Connaught Rooms, no two days are the same! We are looking for a Casual Logistic porter to join our talented Conference & Banqueting Team to mastermind the logistics of our events, and help our operations teams to deliver world class service!
What is the main purpose of the role?
• To set up Conference and Banqueting suites in accordance with venue function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
• To have a knowledge of setting up, safe operation, storage and safe handling and care of venue Conference and Banqueting audio/visual equipment.
• To service and breakdown Conference and Banqueting rooms as directed (this will imply furniture shifting as well).
• To ensure all storage areas for equipment are kept in a safe and tidy condition.
• To be fully aware of and observe security procedures laid down by the venue.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a passionate and reliable Logistic Porter who is ready to be part of an enthusiastic Team and can demonstrate a genuine interest in people and customer service. Previous Conference and Events experience could be advantageous but it is not a must.
De Vere offers a wide range of benefits including free meals on duty, excellent learning and development opportunities and discounted accommodation within the group.
Please take a look. http://www.peoplebank.com/pb3/corporate/PrincipalHayley/page.php?p_page=privacy-policies