De Vere Beaumont Estate
Beaumont Estate is De Vere's largest hotel and venue, and here at this big property we have big opportunities. We regularly host incredible events up for up to 1000 attendees, such as festivals with camping, food festivals and obstacle course team building activities. We also regularly welcome high profile clients and delegates, hosting private dining and networking events and tending to their every need.
That's why we can offer a range of incredible opportunities across our wide and varied departments including conference & events, restaurants, bars, kitchen, housekeeping, front of house and maintenance and gardens, just to name a few. And, with our superb, dedicated training facilities on site, we can really nurture our colleagues and offer fantastic career development opportunities that will support your hospitality career and aspirations.
Conference Event Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
The Conference Manager is responsible for leading the Conference team to ensure all conference and corporate clients have a successful event.
You will be responsible for ensuring meeting rooms are setup correctly and that the operational delivery of their event is as per client's requirements.
You will act as a client's point of contact and following up any actions within the relevant department.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need prior conference and events experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
You will need a keen eye for detail to ensure all standards are maintained whilst being an effective delegator.
Previous experience in compiling a departmental rota for a varied team would be highly beneficial.
- A competitive salary
- Additional hotel based financial incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours online benefits portal which provides discounts/cashback on travel, leisure activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted colleague and family rates for accommodation within all De Vere hotels
- Long service awards and recognition which increase with service, including complimentary accommodation, food and drink plus extras
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the venue and across De Vere, including opportunities to complete nationally accredited qualifications
- Access to our Inspire Online learning portal, with e-learning modules including Microsoft Office, Hospitality service, Food Safety, compliance and professional development
- Complimentary taxi for the first five miles if travelling to/from work outside of bus times
- Free meals on duty in our refurbished Colleague Canteen
- Complimentary use of the Leisure Club Gym and Swimming Pool
- Free on-site car parking
- Paid opportunities to join colleague committees regarding social events and guest service
- Annual social events including our Colleague Christmas Party and Summer BBQs
Please take a look.