De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Grand Connaught Rooms is our largest and prestigious flagship London property, where we regularly host unforgettably incredible events such as movie premier after parties and high profile fashion, music and charity events. That's no surprise really, being based right in the heart of London and just a stone's throw from Covent Garden.
With a great reputation for having some of London's best conference, exhibition and meeting space, Grand Connaught Rooms is a great place to work if you're passionate about a career in hospitality. That could be in weddings or conferences, events or banqueting: we have a great variety of opportunities across our departments and we regularly recruit for permanent full time, part time and casual roles for our vibrant team.
Night Conference and Banqueting Porter
What is the main purpose of the role?
You key focus in this role is to ensure that all our guests receive the agreed high standards of service and customer care. The Night Conference Porters are responsible for setting up and servicing all Conference Rooms with the main focus of attention to detail, customer care and satisfaction with regards to cleanliness, refreshments and equipment provided to our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this team, it is essential that you can demonstrate a genuine interest in people and customer service with strong communication skills. Priority will be given to those candidates that have had previous experience in a customer facing role within a quality environment.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.