De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Located a couple of minutes from Covent Garden and just around the corner from Holborn tube station, De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a Grade II* listed venue offering 37 exceptional spaces for conferences, exhibitions, meetings and weddings. The Grand Hall, with its ornate ceilings and dramatic chandeliers creates an impressive event space for up to 750 guests theatre style and 1,500 guests for a drinks reception. Outside, on the 5th floor, an exclusive roof terrace, with views of the city, is available for summer parties and receptions. This impressive venue also boasts a brand new coffee shop, Burr & Co where you can enjoy high-quality ethically-sourced coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks, plus cakes and pastries to take away.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and good order of all assigned areas both public and back of house throughout the Night to create a pleasant environment for our guests and our team during the day.
You’ll deal with any reasonable requests from guests in a professional and polite manner, ensure lost property is handed to your Night Supervisor and report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you ideally will have previous experience in a similar type of environment, in addition to:
• A strong work ethic
• Good communication skills
• Excellent personal presentation
• Proactive approach
• The ability to work under your own initiative
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty