De Vere Wokefield Estate
A new chapter in De Vere Wokefield Estate’s history is complete! Situated in 250 acres of beautiful parkland near Reading, this huge property has undergone an extensive £10 million refurbishment to dramatically restore the hotel to its former glory. The 376 bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled and as well as the re-launch of our modern executive centre, complete with a new Burr & Co. coffeehouse and deli. Our historical Mansion House featuring 87 guest rooms, now sits at the heart of the estate, having undergone a stunning transformation including the exciting launch our new Restaurant '1560'.
Weekend Conference & Banqueting Porter
What is the main purpose of the role?
As a Conference & Banqueting Porter, you will manage the day to day operations of the Conference & Banqueting department, through the consistent delivery of high standards of both product and service, whilst ensuring the measurable financial targets of the hotel are achieved.
All Conference and Banqueting suites should be set up, serviced and broken down in accordance with hotel function requirements, ensuring the brand standards are maintained throughout.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous experience within a customer facing role, often working to tight deadlines with the ability to keep the customer at the forefront of your mind.
You will have a demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach to work. You’ll enjoying working as a team and delivering a great service to our customers every time.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.