De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and now have a fabulous Restaurant & Bar "1042".
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
Hotel Reception Shift Leader
What is the main purpose of the role?
The main focus of this role will be to provide a courteous, efficient and friendly service to all hotel customers by supplying the highest possible levels of customer care, whilst supporting the Front of House Manager and Front of House Team.
You’ll be fully conversant with the Hotel’s facilities and local amenities to be able to respond to guest enquiries and work to anticipate guest needs wherever possible to consistently deliver exceptional quality of service and in turn, guest satisfaction.
As the Reception Shift Leader, you’ll ensure all shifts are supervised efficiently and all Reception duties are carried out to the agreed Company and Hotel Standards of Performance. You’ll also get the opportunity to support the Front of House Manager in the recruitment, induction, training and development of the Reception team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Reception Shift Leader will have previous experience within the hospitality industry, in a similar sized hotel and with leading a small team. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to multi task. You will also be Microsoft Office literate, and previous Opera experience would be a definite advantage.
- A competitive salary
- 28 -31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.