De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and now have a fabulous Restaurant & Bar "1042".
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Ensure the buildings and surrounding grounds are kept in good repair, with emphasis on first class workmanship and an eye for detail. You will manage and coordinate all maintenance work across the property, ensuring the least distruption for our guests.
You will supervise external workmen, ensure all requests to the department are carried our quickly, tidily and as efficiently as possible, control and order stock items and facilitate all installations of a mechanical and electrical nature, whilst always complying with all health and safety legislations.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will have worked in Maintenance and/or Grounds keeping in a hotel or have had previous experience of working in maintenance. It is essential that you have a high degree of flexibility, great time management and organisational skills as you will need to arrange any work needed around the busy schedule of the hotel.
You must also be willing to work in emergency or if the need arises to work outside the stated working week, including weekends.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.