Love food. Love your job.
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.
Chef, for starters we offer all Junior Sous Chefs phenomenal £1000 Welcome Bonus*
We expect our Junior Sous Chefs to be those who aspire to be our future Head Chefs and will therefore play a key role in the success of the brigade; that’s why we will offer a phenomenal £1000 Welcome Bonus* for joining De Vere.
Would you need to relocate? Fear not, we even offer chefs who do need to relocate more than 50 miles a fantastic Relocation Package of £1500** plus a free two night stay for yourself or family to visit.
A Chef career with De Vere, whether you are a Commis Chef, CDP, Junior Sous or a Sous Chef, means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
This role is challenging, but exceptionally rewarding, so you will be hard-working, focused, inspiring and encouraging.
As a Junior Sous Chef you will:
• Be highly motivated, positive and talented
• Assist the Sous Chef / Exec / Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
• Assist the Sous Chef / Exec / Head Chef in food purchases while controlling costs
• Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality.
• Support, mentor and train any talented junior chefs in the brigade
• Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
• Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes.
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail and high standards but with bags of flair and creativity.
*Subject to Tax and NI
**Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.