De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment project, this is a truly exciting time to join De Vere Tortworth Court! Set within a 30-acre estate featuring one of the UK’s most impressive arboretums, this stunning venue boasts a Grade II-listed Victorian mansion house, 201 bedrooms and 12 impressive event spaces as well as a newly created spa, all conveniently located just 20 minutes from Bristol, with easy access to J14 of the M5. We’ve recently launched the 1853 Restaurant & Bar serving classic British dishes, our Atrium Bistro bar, decked with indoor trees under a 60-foot high glass roof as well as our elegant yet cosy Library bar.
Assistant Front of House Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
Working alongside the Front of House Manager your main aim will be to ensure Guest’s expectations are met and exceeded throughout their stay including a warm welcome and dealing efficiently with any requests. This will be achieved by implementing, maintaining and exceeding quality standards, as well as monitoring service delivery through the implementation of mystery guest experiences.
Through effective communication with the reservations team, you will also focus on maximising room yield and controlling overbooking strategy, while liaising with housekeeping and maintenance to monitor room availability for sale.
With a focus on employee development within the Front of House divisions, you will be responsible for the consistent and effective delivery of training to the team to ensure the whole department promotes the facility and a warm and personalised manner to encourage visitors to return.
The Ideal Candidate
A strong knowledge of the hospitality sector with previous experience of a similar nature is essential to being successful in this role as you will need a real commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service. Communication skills are also crucial to allow you to build effective working relationships with all departments, and to build a strong rapport with guests.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
Please take a look.